It’s frustrating how you can’t watch your favorite show on TV while traveling, but how about we tell you how to get around that? Not only will we teach you how to connect Hotstar to TV, but also how to do it if your cable provider doesn’t offer the service. Let’s get started and at the same time let us learn the Hotstar app download process!
Connecting Hotstar and TV is a pretty straightforward process that shouldn’t take more than 30 minutes. First up, let’s find out what type of account or subscription package you have with HOTSTAR.
If you’re subscribed for just one month at Rs 199/- then this tutorial will not work for you as once the subscription ends, so it does the connection between Hotstar and tv.
What is Hotstar TV? How To Connect Hotstar To TV?
Hotstar TV is an entertainment service that allows users to stream movies and shows on their mobile devices. The app features several of the most popular channels in India, including Star Plus, HBO, MTV, and others. Hotstar content can be streamed live or downloaded for later viewing offline.
This How To Connect Hotstar To TV will show you how to connect Hotstar to TV. So that you can watch your favorite programs no matter where you are just by visiting and learning the needful information shared at https://hotstarapp.live!
What do I need? To connect a mobile device such as iPhone or Android phone with HOTSTAR installed on it into any television set – YES ANY TELEVISION SET (please note: old CRT televisions may not work) via HDMI cable follow these steps.
How to Connect Hotstar to TV Detailed Steps
This How To Connect Hotstar To TV article will show you how to connect Hotstar to the tv so you can watch your favorite shows on TV while traveling, but how about we tell you how? Not only will we teach you how to connect Hotstar and cable provider doesn’t offer this service if your subscription ends then this tutorial won’t work for following these steps:
First up, let’s find out what type of account or subscription package do I have with Hotstar, after that you can follow these steps meant for How To Connect Hotstar To TV shared below.
- The first step is to Connect Hotstar to tv via HDMI cable
- Connect the hotspot device, either mobile or laptop, to your wifi network and type in your password. You can also use a wireless connection for this if you have an external antenna.
- Type in the IP address of the hotspot into a web browser on any device connected to the same wifi network as the hotspot and it will open up a page with a login screen for Hotstar. Enter your username and password there too.
- Click on the “watch live” button below that will take you through all channels available on Hotstar.
- You can also see the list of movies and TV shows available for streaming on Hotstar.
- Connect hot spot to tv by using an HDMI cable so that you do not have trouble watching your favorite content from anywhere in the house over a wifi network.
- If it is a laptop, then there will be no need to connect with wires as laptops usually come with built-in wireless cards.
- But if it’s a mobile phone or device like Chromecast, Roku, etc., then we may require cables too.
Connecting via WiFI
Once the hotspot has been connected successfully, now type the IP address (link) into any web browser such as chrome, firefox, etc.
- After entering login credentials follow the steps mentioned below:- For PC/laptop:- Connect Hotstar to tv by using an HDMI cable and then, click on the “watch live” button below.
- Then you can see all channels available on Hotstar with the list of movies and TV shows too.
Connecting via Mobile/Chromecast
- Connect mobile or Chromecast device to your wifi network and type in your password.
- Connect chrome browser of any other devices such as laptop etc.
- After that open a web page and enter the hotspot’s IP address link into it.
- Now follow the steps mentioned below
- For PC/laptop: – Click on the “watch live” button below that will take you through all channels available on Hotstar followed by a listing of genres like New releases, Top rated movies, etc…
- For Mobile/Chromecast: After entering login credentials, you will be able to see the “watch now” and “add to chrome” buttons. By clicking on the watch now button, it starts streaming the content on Hotstar whereas adding to the chrome button simply adds the Hotstar website as an app on your device.
- Connecting Via Laptop/Roku/Firestick: If you are using a laptop or Roku device, then open up a web browser and type in IP address followed by:8085 like this- 192.168.0.100:8085
- After that hit enter key and it will take you to the login screen of Hotstar where you need to enter your username and for logging in. Once logged in, you will see the “watch live” button below that has all the channels and also the list of movies and TV shows.
- If you are using firestick, then open up a web browser and type in IP address followed by:8082 like this- 192.168.0.100:8082
- After that hit enter key and it will take you to the login screen of Hotstar where you need to enter your username and password for logging in. Once logged in, you will be able to see the “watch live” button below with all the channels and also the list of movies and TV shows.
Hope this article on How to Connect Hotstar to TV was helpful. If you have any questions related to how to connect Hotstar to TV, please let me know in the comments section below, we will respond as soon as possible. For more information on the Hotstar app, you can visit our blog at any time.