Do you want to watch your favorite Indian TV shows and movies on Hotstar for Mac but aren’t in India? Or maybe you’re traveling overseas and don’t want to miss out on the latest episode of your favorite show?
If so, then you need to know how to change country code in Hotstar app. Hotstar application shows the default country code as +91 for India, +62 for Indonesia, +63 for the Philippines, etc based on your region.
When you want to log in using a different country code, it is not that easy. In this article, we will walk you through the step-by-step process of how to do it. So let’s get started!
How To Change Country Code In Hotstar App
The only working method to change country code in Hotstar app is using the VPN service. VPN (Virtual Private Network) encrypts your traffic and routes it through a server in another country. This makes it appear as if you are located in that country, allowing you to access Hotstar and other geo-blocked content.
We recommend using the ExpressVPN app as it is one of the fastest and most reliable VPN services available. Plus, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee so you can try it risk-free. You can also get other benefits like changing how many devices can use Hotstar VIP, ad-free Hotstar, and more.
Here’s how to change country code in Hotstar app using ExpressVPN:
- First, sign up for a VPN account with ExpressVPN. We recommend using the annual plan as it’s the most cost-effective option. Or just use their free trial.
- Once you have signed up, download and install the ExpressVPN app on your PC or smartphone.
- Launch the app and sign in with your account credentials.
- Click on the ‘Selected Location’ option and choose the country that you want to connect to. For example, if you want to watch Hotstar India, select ‘India’.
- Now click on the ‘Connect’ button and wait for the VPN to establish a connection.
- Once connected, open the Hotstar app and go for the “Login” section.
- Here, you will see the Country Code has changed. You can use your local mobile number to log in.
If you’re still having trouble, then contact the ExpressVPN support team and they will be more than happy to help. Though this method works, if you face any trouble, we have another way for you.
Log in With Google or Facebook Account
If you are not able to change country code in Hotstar app, you can always log in with your Google account or a Facebook account on Hotstar. Here is how to do it:
- First, open the Hotstar app on your smartphone.
- Now tap on the “Login” button and select the “Continue with Google” option.
- Enter your Gmail ID and password to log in. Once you’re logged in, you will see all the Indian TV shows and movies that are available on Hotstar.
- If you don’t have a Gmail account, then you can also log in with your Facebook account. Just select the “Continue with Facebook” option and enter your credentials.
That’s it! Now you know how to change country code in Hotstar app. You can enjoy all your favorite Indian TV shows and movies from anywhere in the world. Just make sure to use a VPN so that you can stay safe and secure online. If you have any questions, feel free to ask us in the comments below. Stay tuned to our Hotstarapp.live website.